Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Artsy side

Recently, I started going to these paintings classes called Sips and Strokes where they basically give step by step instructions on how to get a painting done on a 16 x 20 canvas. The base is acrylic and they provide with all the colors and essentials to get the painting done and you keep the painting once it's done. I attended a couple of these classes and they are great and bring out the hidden artist in you.

I've always had an interest in artsy sort of things but never really got the time to act upon this interest, until a couple of months ago. To add, my Mom does oil paintings as a hobby. She is pretty good at it, and mostly does portraits, but could also do landscape, abstracts and pretty much anything. More about her paintings in another blog…

As for me, apart from paintings, I have a attended pottery painting class, and a stained glass class also. Most of my art is pretty much re-creating from what already exists as an original idea, so nothing what I did is an 'original idea'. It still gives me some joy looking at what I created. Although most of the paintings, or artwork I've done is not an 'original idea', it still somewhat becomes 'my piece of art' as no painting turns out to be the same.

Going to these short term painting/art studio classes, I can try and keep up my hobby and hopefully start creating something my own with my own flair to it.

In the coming few months, I plan on going for another pottery painting session, maybe another painting class, and also a stained glass session where my idea is basically to create a stained glass window for my home. So here's wishing myself all the best to more art classes in the coming months!

No comments: